Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thank God for this. =)

I love how his presence still lingers throughout the house. His favorite jeans are still sprawled lazily across the bedroom dresser. His body wash is waiting patiently in the shower. I purposefully left his shaving cream and deodorant on his sink, despite my usual habit of stuffing them away in the cabinet just after he uses them. I left his side of the sofa cover in that annoyingly wrinkled fashion, from when he always manages to squirm about in a relentlessly adorable way. And the Nestle mix is still sitting on the dining room table, waiting to be abused for an ungodly amount of chocolate milk.

These are the small things that bring me huge comfort. This is our home, our first home, and I love it. I wouldn’t trade my marriage with Jeremy for anything. These last five months have been absolutely blissful. The last three weeks together went by so slowly and so wonderfully! I couldn’t believe how lucky I was. I knew there was nothing I could do to stop or delay Jeremy from leaving, nor would I ever want to. I am proud of him, and I know he needs to be where he is. All a person can do for an upcoming departure is to take the time to appreciate, to love. And we did it well. Believe it or not, I am happy. And I thank God for Jeremy.

My prayers go out to the soldiers and their families. ♥

1 comment:

  1. He'll be back before you know it, and I'm sure he's missin you like crazy as well. Hope all is going well in your neck of the woods and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

    Andy :)

    ReplyDelete